5 Top Sources of News & Information





Having strong news sources are important in ensuring that the information you use in your writing is correct and reliable. Strong news sources add credibility to the author. Here are a few of my top news sources. 


NPR - Wikipedia

One of my top sources for news and information is National Public Radio. I like to use this source because the website covers a variety of topics to learn about. Not only does it provide articles, but it also provides short podcasts and videos that cover the news rather than the whole website being articles. The website is easy to navigate and allows you to find information by the topic you want and if it is opinion or fact.  


Bleacher Report PR (@Bleacher_PR) / Twitter

Another one of my top sources for news and information is Bleacher Report. This website is the first place I go to update myself on sports teams and specific player updates. Being a Sports Media major staying up to date on sports news is very important. Bleacher Report allows me to set up notifications on my phone making it easy to stay up to date on the information whenever breaking news happens. Bleacher Report has been a common source that I have used since I was little because my dad and brothers used it to stay up to date about their favorite teams. It is a widely used source which gives itself more credibility to the viewers. 


Fox News - Wikipedia

One of my major sources of information is Fox News because I grew up with it on the TV all the time. My parents always used Fox News as a source of information, so naturally I gravitate towards the website when learning about what is going on in the world and country. I like Fox News because it allows for me to watch clips of the news stories that had been aired on the TV previously. Fox News being on the TV and online allows for me to use the news source in many ways. If I want to learn more about a topic they covered on air, I can easily find the topic on the website. The website also allows for viewers to read about a large range of topics and highlights to most popular topics. It also allows you to view take a look into very specific topics within the more generalized subjects. While many say Fox News is biased, I take this sources opinions and articles with a grain of salt and fact check and back up their information by looking at the other side of the same news topics on another very popular source for information- CNN


CNN logo, designed in 48 hours | Logo Design Love

CNN is another one of my top news sources. I like to look at CNN and Fox News because it allows me to read both sides of the story. This allows me to create an unbiased view of the topic. Both sides have their feelings, but understanding what is going on in the world requires an unbiased take. CNN is online and on TV allowing for the viewers to find a way to get information from this sources fairly easy. This source covers a large range of topics allowing me to stay up to date on any kind of news and information I might be looking for. CNN is one of my top news sources because it provides live updates on their top news stories that many people are interested in following. The live updates are a very attractive feature of the news source because it provides information to the viewers faster than a newspaper or other news sources. 


Overall Best States Rankings | US News Best States

The last of my top news sources is US News and World Report. This source is one of the first ones I use when looking for information and news because it is unbiased and peer reviewed. I use this source because it allows me to confidently use the information I find without feeling the need to insure it has no bias. This website and news source takes a more serious take on informations, leaving out more of the trendy news about celebrities and fashion trends. Not only does this website allow for news on topics, it is a source for advice about different parts of success in life. This source is the main place I go when I want to find information on politics. It allows for me to have a neutral source to fact check a few of my other top sources. 


Having reliable sources is one of the most important things when creating credibility, so getting my information from credible sources helps to establish it my own in my work. I also think its important to fact check your information, so having sources you can go to and use to fact check one another is helpful when needing or wanting to know information fast. 





Comments